What is your purpose?

Lifewriting/Firedance Forums Lifewriting What is your purpose?

There is a wonderful clarity in finding a leverage point in your life. “If I do this one thing, every day, I will express my life’s purpose.” of “If I do this one thing, every day, I will reach my major goal in three years”. I now know what, IF MY MAP IS ACCURATE, I need to do every day to reach my major life goal in three years. Can I do it? I don’t know. But I have clarity in what that goal will require. That is a beautiful, liberating, simplifying thing. What is YOUR “one thing”? Do you know?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellen Saunders
      Participant

Meditation, I think. Moving meditation, perhaps. It has to incorporate reminding me what my purpose is, so perhaps the Salute to the Sun yoga asana that I do as a “prayer,” for lack of a better term, incorporating my life’s purpose. A shorter version of Mr. Barnes’ morning practice, which I don’t think I can yet get myself do daily.

Steven Barnes

If you do Sun Salutations, GREAT! They are considered a “complete” practice (especially if you incorporate the twisting and lunging variations). Now all I ask is that you follow your breathing inside you as you move. Feel gratitude for a body that can move like this! Trust me: it won’t always be able to, and won’t you feel silly that you didn’t appreciate your blessing! Then take that thread of breath and project it out to your future, maybe the rest of your life, maybe just the day’s actions.

Just start the process. IF one goal is “1% better morning ritual every day” all you have to do is make a tiny tweak every day, and you’ll be shocked by how fast you’re going deeper and stronger into your real life process.

Ellen Saunders
          Participant

I’ve been doing Salute to the Sun for so long I’d forgotten it HAD variations. I don’t do the twisting part, I should add that in.

I’d committed to doing it every day for two weeks and have been amazed at the obstacles I’ve thrown in my own way. I’ve done better than 50 percent but that’s hardly a successful “commitment.” Tells me how much I’m willing to get in my own way to prevent change, though. In so many, many ways….

Starting over.

Steven Barnes

“Starting over” is what we do! Again and again, EVERY DAMNED DAY. That’s what we do. And it is a blessing to know that every single day is another opportunity to get it right!

JC Henry
      Participant

Hello,

Happy New Year to all. For 2017 my purpose is to be a creator of content. I will be writing fiction, short stories 2 a month. I will be posting blogs essays, maintaining my website and developing a podcast. Once writing this out it looks like a lot, so January is the month for working out the schedule so that I get things done.

Steven Barnes

Here’s a good “bottom line”–one sentence per day. EVERY DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. Do this, and you’ll open the “circuitry” that connects emotions, intellect and physical action. It is this combination that will take you to your goal. Cut any ONE of those threads, and your entire venture fails. Work consciously to strengthen all three, and you are a ball of fire!

Steven Barnes

If you don’t know, then you can’t care, and you won’t act. Star with WHAT IS YOUR OUTCOME? Then WHY DO YOU WANT IT? Only then do you bother with “How do I do it?”

Starshadow
      Participant

Same email I used to sign up. I’ll send a note.

Steven Barnes

Starshadow…money is a real thing, and lack of it can create serious pain and self-doubt. As this site develops, we can create threads specifically addressing this. Meanwhile, let’s be sure we have your email on the list so that you get your free copy of THINK AND GROW RICH, which is the very best book on this subject ever written, by far, IMO. Not perfect, but any one of its 13 chapters, integrated deeply, will change your financial life. Send a note to Michael to be sure you are on that list!

Starshadow
      Participant

What is my purpose? Good question. First, to be the best human being I know how to be. Second, to make a difference somehow–to leave the world a better place, if only fractionally, for having been here. I am passionate about human rights, about animal rights, about the spaceship Earth, and my Gods and Goddesses, about the very classroom each lifetime sees me enter. I want to do good, and I want to do well.

I see life as a series of lessons–some taught, some learned. I have gifts of spirit and of creativity. I want to send them out into the world, the way I sent my children, both biological and of the heart, into the world. I want to make a difference.

I have handicaps. Mental illnesses, physical ailments, poverty. I feel that at some time, I chose these to learn–maybe patience? (I think I have that now). Maybe how to overcome some of them? Maybe how to teach others with them that there is joy? I don’t know. One thing about Classroom Earth that I understand from my spirit guides is that we enter not knowing which lessons are which, whether they’re for learning, or teaching, or what we need to overcome, exactly. I have some past life memories. But what I lack are the between life memories of going over lessons and deciding where I needed to be and why. So part of that is a mystery until life is over–and I have more years now behind me, than before.

My first struggle is to learn to overcome my hoarding. I think I’ve done the hard work of tackling the way hoarders think–it’s the physical act of getting rid of the stuff. And it will be accomplished. My goal is end of 2017 for that.

And meanwhile tackling poverty. I’m working on that, too, with ideas that will have to come to fruition.

Then, simultaneously, my creative outlets. Writing. Ideas to go into keystrokes. That, too, is happening, daily.

I think I’ll just work at it all, daily. I feel like if I spend minutes a day–say fifteen minutes to an hour–I should be ahead on each goal.

Ross Murker
      Participant

It has been very scary trying to continue being with the truth of “I. don’t. know.” I have tried to involve myself in externals, being support for others in various ways when they would accept it gave me *some* sense of self-worth, but I never have been able to come up with a satisfactory answer to “Why am I? / Why do I continue?”. Meanwhile, I have my little goals, and struggle to keep hitting those.

Steven Barnes

There is a wonderful clarity in finding a leverage point in your life. “If I do this one thing, every day, I will express my life’s purpose.” of “If I do this one thing, every day, I will reach my major goal in three years”. I now know what, IF MY MAP IS ACCURATE, I need to do every day to reach my major life goal in three years. Can I do it? I don’t know. But I have clarity in what that goal will require. That is a beautiful, liberating, simplifying thing. What is YOUR “one thing”? Do you know?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.